Film Skills Programme
DStv’s contribution towards the film industry comprises of:
• The DStv Film Skills Development Programme- which provides training for up and coming filmmakers
• DStv Film Talent Celebration Competition- which recognises and highlights the amazing talent of new and seasoned filmmakers
We are very proud of the winners of the DStv Film Talent Celebration Competition- as well as the 26 up and coming filmmakers who graduated from the company’s filmmaking training programme this year.
There were six categories in the competition and the winners were:
1. Sakhumzi Mati, Best Director for Ibhayibhile – The Bible ;
2. Kabelo Molefe, Best Editor for Thandeka Faku;
3. Tim Apter, Best Sound for Astray;
4. Michael Matthews, Best Cinematography for Fortabt – Loss of Love ,and
5. Christopher Bisset, Best Newcomer for A procura de Pancho (Looking for Pancho).
6. Vukile Ngcingwana, Sakhumzi Mati and Siyabonga Jim, Best Overall Production for their film Ibhayibhile – The Bible.
Download the Film Skills Programme Application Form
Have a passion for filmmaking?
BE MORE with DStv
Apply now for the DStv Film Skills Development Programme
• It’s a free training programme for filmmakers
• There are only 20 places available
• It is a Corporate Social Investment initiative by DStv
• Minimum 3-years’ experience in the film industry
• Filmmakers from previously disadvantaged communities across SA
About the course
• Training is hands-on and involves exposure to film industry experts
• Course content covers various disciplines e.g. cinematography and editing
• Training takes place at the Big Fish School for Digital Filmmaking- Johannesburg
• Duration is from June 2012 to March 2013.
For applications contact Connie Mosegedi at Tel: (011) 482 – 5599, email: email@example.com. Deadline: 16 May 2012.